The 7th International Conference on Evidence-based Policy in Long-Term Care will be held between 12 and 14 September 2024 in Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain.
This year’s conference will be co-hosted between the ILPN and the Government of Biscay. It aims to:
- Strengthen the links between the research community, policy makers and long- term care industry
- Foster research collaborations to develop new evidence in areas where knowledge gaps exist in LTC
- Promote the sharing of evidence on LTC policy and practice
- Promote international comparative policy analysis to encourage evidence-based policy making.
|Deadline for submission of abstract:
|16.00 (GMT) on 22 April 2024
|10 May 2024
|Early bird registration deadline:
|12 June 2024
|Author registration deadline:
|28 June 2024
ILPN2024 will offer the opportunity to share the latest evidence and debate key questions about long-term care, including:
- the organisation, delivery and regulation of long-term care services
- payment schemes and funding of long-term care
- prevention strategies in long-term care
- innovations in long-term care
- aspects of integrated care
- dementia care
- digitalisation, big data and long-term care
- measuring effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of long-term care service provision
- projections of long-term care (service) demand and supply
- the impact of COVID on long-term care systems
- long-term care workforce
- migration and long-term care
- volunteering and long-term care
- the provision and support of informal care
- gender issues in long-term care provision
- austerity / welfare state retrenchment and long-term care
- long-term care in middle and low income countries
- international comparisons of long-term care systems
- long-term care markets
- ageing and inequality: implications for long-term care
- long-term care innovation
- Abstracts on other relevant evidence-based LTC policy topics will also be considered.
The ILPN2024 Conference Organising Committee is delighted to invite you to submit abstracts for individual presentations and organised sessions. Click on the link below for further details.
Registration is through the Conference co-hosts, Government of Biscay. Registration processes will open shortly.
JOSH WIENER PRIZE FOR BEST PRESENTATION
To celebrate the late Josh Wiener’s outstanding contributions to the field of long-term care research and his support to ILPN, we will be awarding the third Josh Wiener Award for Best ILPN Conference Presentation.
The award will honour the most inspiring presentation at the conference, focusing on the novelty of the research, policy importance, academic rigour and quality of delivery.
The winner will be selected by conference delegates, who will have the opportunity to identify the three presentations they enjoyed the most.
GLOBAL OBSERVATORY OF LONG-TERM CARE (GOLTC)
This conference will also include the launch of the new Global Observatory of Long-Term Care, a new ILPN platform to facilitate cross-national learning to improve and strengthen care systems. The platform focuses on sharing research evidence and promoting learning and collaborations through interest group activities, databases of expertise, projects and publications, as well as sharing accessible LTC country profiles and, very soon, topic and methods guides. All ILPN members are invited to join the new Observatory platform by completing a profile.
If you have any queries about the conference, please contact the ILPN Organising Committee at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Bilbao for the ILPN conference 2024!