October 2021United Kingdom
LTCcovid Webinar – What policy for UK social care data needs to do now
Co-hosted by LTCcovid.org and the UK Pandemic Ethics Accelerator, this webinar aimed to take stock of recent developments and prioritise ongoing issues for action. It examined the prospects for immediate action, and what needs to happen now to makes sure long-term transformations in data infrastructures, practices, and capabilities are designed to benefit those who need them most.
An expert panel and audience discussed the implications of September 2021’s announcement of the Health and Social Care levy in England, the evolving Data Saves Lives Strategy, the ongoing Goldacre review of health and social care data as well as recent reports on data initiatives from researchers throughout the UK.
The Panel included:
– Jenni Burton, University of Glasgow
– Claire Goodman, University of Hertfordshire
– Caroline Jones, Office for Statistics Regulation
– Jonathan Kilworth, Harrow Council
– Liz Jones – National Care Forum
– Owen Davies – Social Care Wales
– Charles Talllack – The Health Foundation
The webinar was chaired by Dr. Cian O’Donovan of the UK Pandemic Ethics Accelerator at UCL’s Department of Science and Technology Studies.